Wednesday, April 17, 2013

MOOC'in it up

Just throwing it out there that I've started to participate in my very first MOOC (Massive Open Online Course).  It is being hosted and organized by the Friday Institute for Educational Innovation at NC State University and is entitled "Digital Learning Transition".  Here's the link.

My new job for Moore County Schools has landed me squarely in the middle of a large shift toward 1:1 and I'm part of the core planning team whose job is to get it right for students.  I'm truly excited to be a part of this and I can't wait to get cracking!!!

This will probably mark a bit of a renaissance on this blog space, which has been long overdue.  I feel like I got burned out on writing for a good two years or so, after putting my book together.  But now I'm getting the itch again and this MOOC will give me plenty to think and reflect about in regards to the directions I personally believe our county should head.

So this post is just a simple shot across the bow!  If you're interested I would love to hear your thoughts as I move through the process.

1 comment:

Robert McGuire said...

Good luck with it Steve. When you're done, if you're interested in sharing your observations with our readers -- prospective MOOC students -- we'd be interested in seeing a review from you at www.moocnewsandreviews.com. Hope to hear from you sometimes.

-Robert